Note: It is NOT recommended to update the firmware wirelessly.
Release Firmware Version 8.2.2
- Adds support for Luxul ProWatch remote monitoring & management application (coming soon)
- Minor UI improvements and fixes
- See previous firmware notes
Release Firmware Version 8.1.0
- Provides support for additional wireless SSID passphrase special characters that can be used with the wireless controller.
- Provides support for additional wireless SSID passphrase special characters on the Quick Setup page.
- If time zone is still set to the default UTC, it will now be updated based on regulatory domain.
- You will now be required to change the default admin password upon first login. The new password cannot be the existing default password. This is to comply with new security laws for California & Oregon that go into effect January 1, 2020
- On first time setup or after factory default the wireless network is now secured with the following password settings:
• Passphrase = “luxulwifi”
• Encryption = WPA2
Note: When updating a previously configured AP to this firmware, it will NOT override any previously configured wireless settings.
- Improved roaming for client devices
- Updates to OS/Kernel
- Minor UI updates and improvements
- When using Safari on macOS, in some cases when changing the admin password you are not redirected to a new login screen. Solution: Close the current tab/browser, open a new tab/browser session and browse to the new IP address of the device. This fixes the issue and will allow you to move forward.
- Additional SSID character support is limited to the Quick Setup page and the wireless profiles pages will be updated in a future release.
Firmware Version 6.3.2
- Initial Firmware Release