Note: If you are connected to the internet, simply allow the XWC-1000 to update itself. Navigate to the Admin section of the interface, then Auto Update. If you see Luxul Update Service: Connected, click the Check & Update button to update your firmware.
Firmware Version 8.0.0
- You will now be required to change the default admin password upon first login. The new password cannot be the existing default password. This is to comply with new security laws for California & Oregon that go into effect January 1, 2020
- Updates to OS/Kernel
- Minor UI updates and improvements
- When using Safari on macOS, in some cases after changing the admin password you are not redirected to a new login screen. Solution: Close the current tab/browser session and browse to the new IP address of the device. This fixes the issue and will allow you to move forward.
Firmware Version 7.1.3
- Enables an auto add feature that automatically joins and configures any APs that are connected to the network to the controller once it's been setup. Feature is enabled in the controller by default when updating from 7.0.3 or earlier.
- Your admin password will now be pushed to all APs connected to the controller (APs must be on FV 6.3.0 for this feature to work)
- Corrects an issue where auto updating APs through the XWC-1000 caused the APs to not receive other changes from the controller
Firmware Version 7.0.3
- Updates to the OS/Kernel
- Adds support for the XAP-1610 (when available)
- Minor UI improvements
- Corrects an issue where APs show offline when they are still connected to the controller
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206
- Support for the XAP-810 and XAP-1440
Firmware Version 5.0.7
- The Luxul splash screen will now only be displayed after a Factory Reset has been performed and just before the setup Wizard starts.
- The setup Wizard has been shortened from 7 steps to 4.
- On both the “AP Status” and “AP Management” pages, the AP name for each attached AP is now a hyperlink that opens the AP’s limited UI for any AP with compatible firmware.
- The “AP Management” page’s “Modify” column no longer show’s a trash can. It now has a “Factory Default” button for each AP. (Note that the “Apply” button has been removed and selecting the “Factory Default” button IMMEDIATELY begins the factory default process for the selected AP)
- The “Apply” button on the “AP Assignment” page has been removed. This means that when the “Add” button is selected, all unassigned APs with checked boxes are automatically added. When “Remove” is selected, an alert box appears advising that a Factory Default will be performed on all checked APs along with options of “OK” and “Cancel.” Clicking “OK” begins the disassociation and factory reset process of all selected APs.
Firmware Version 5.0.6 – Critical Update
- Driver updates and bug fixes.
Firmware Version 5.0.5
- Firmware Version 5.0.5 ensures that the XWC-1000 wireless controller automatically works with all supported Luxul APs (including the new XAP-1240 and XAP-1510) without requiring a factory default after upgrading.
Note: If VLANs are enabled and you will be adding new APs while upgrading to the 5.0.5 Firmware, you must first disable VLANs. Once upgraded, you can then add the new APs and re-enable VLANs
Firmware Version 5.0.4
- Improved Auto Update Error Checking
Firmware Version 5.0.3
- 32 characters are now supported in guest network SSIDs.
- Other minor enhancements and bug fixes.
- Added support for upcoming XAP-1240 Access Point (shipping soon).